Sunday, June 20, 2010

And so it begins...

I've wanted to start up a blog about making *forever*, but with school I never had the time. Until now.

I know that I work mostly with fine metals and ceramics, but I've been a fibre girl from way back, and I had the best luck last week, so I must gush.

I got a sewing machine last week.

This isn't just any sewing machine, it's a 1917 Singer, and it's in fabulous shape. [swoon] I've wanted one of these since birth, so this is major. (HUGE thanks to Carol-Lynn and her father...they found it, and they got it for me. Truly, they are saints.) They found it in a barn in Picton near CL's studio.

I cleaned it up, and right now, it's sitting in the middle of my living room. My plans: clean it a bit more, then oil it with some 3-in-1, then see about attaching the treadle belt. Then sew a TON.

Who knows, I might even make a few extra brass bobbins sometime, just to see 'em shiny-new.

No comments:

Post a Comment