Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Busy? Funny you should ask...


Oh man, I've been busy living the early Bauhaus dream (while surrounded by the late post-Itten nightmare). Nuthin' but ceramics: turning cone-10 reduction glazes into beautiful cone-6, working on form, and messing around with clay in a systematic way so I can begin to feel like I know what I'm doing.

I drew the Bauhaus pedagogy on the inside of a tea bowl for a project Helen and I did for the History of 20th Cent. Architecture...lotsa fun. We made tea gear to make it possible for the great modern architects to engage in civilized conversation (while politely dissing each others' work).

Poor Gropius didn't get a bowl to represent any of his buildings he didn't make many, and they weren't fantastic. Pedagogy for him, but now't else, poor thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment